Introducing the KeepSafe Break-in Protection Warranty.
Solutia will pay up to $1,000 of your homeowner's insurance deductible, if your home is ever broken into through a window or door made with KeepSafe or KeepSafe Maximum glass. Plus, the warranty is transferable to the next homeowner, if you ever sell your home.
The most comprehensive protection plan offered on a window or door. Pays up to $1,000 of insurance deductible. Transferable if house is sold.
Buy any window or door with KeepSafe or KeepSafe Maximum glass.
Fill out and send in your registration card.
Only KeepSafe and KeepSafe Maximum glass protects your home in these four ways:
Security - Helps protect your home against unwanted break-ins.
Safety - Helps protect your family and home from sharp broken glass.
Solar - Helps protect your furnishings and carpets against fading.
Sound - Helps protect your home from irritating outside noise.
Be sure to look for the KeepSafe or KeepSafe Maximum glass mark on your window and door products.
Terms and Conditions:
Solutia Inc. ("Solutia") warrants to the original purchaser (the "Purchaser") of a KeepSafeŽ or KeepSafe MaximumŽ ("KeepSafe") laminated glass window and/or door system that, for the life of the system commencing on the date of original installation in a residence or commercial building occupied by the Purchaser, Solutia will reimburse the Purchaser for a percentage of his or her property loss up to a stated maximum amount to the extent such loss arises out of a burglary due to an entry through the glass resulting from the glazing failure of the KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door system. If the property loss/burglary occurs in a residence occupied by the Purchaser, then the percentage reimbursed shall be 100% of the insurance deductible (but such deductible shall not exceed $1,000). If the property loss/burglary occurs in a commercial building occupied by the Purchaser, then the maximum percentage reimbursed will be 50% of the insurance deductible (but such deductible shall not exceed $500).
This limited warranty does not cover KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door systems installed in residences or commercial buildings occupied by third parties in the absence of occupation by the Purchaser. No more than one (1) claim per building will be honored in any one calendar year and no more than five (5) claims per building will be honored over the life of the limited warranty.
How to Make a Claim Under This Limited Warranty Glass Unit
A written claim must be submitted to Solutia at KeepSafe Laminated Glass, Dept. 204, PO Box 66760, St. Louis, MO 63166-9890, Attention: KeepSafe Laminated Glass Warranty Admin., within 30 days of alleged KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door system damage/burglary. In the claim, the Purchaser must provide:
- a copy of the original warranty registration certificate showing original date of purchase of the KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door system or other documentation showing proof of purchase such as an invoice with the original date of installation of the KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door system;
- place of purchase;
- a description of the nature of the claim;
- a copy of the police report and a copy of the loss claim notice to the insurance company of the burglary;
- evidence of the Purchaser's insurance deductible amount; and
- two pictures of the broken window and/or door system made with KeepSafe laminated glass (one taken from inside, one from outside) which clearly shows the KeepSafe laminated glass logo etched in the window and/or door glass. You can find the logo marked in the lower corner of your window and/or door sash.
Within 30 days of the date of receipt of the written claim, a Solutia representative will investigate the claim. If the investigation substantiates the claim, Solutia shall reimburse the Purchaser's insurance deductible per all terms and conditions stated in this limited warranty.
Transfer of Warranty Coverage
The original consumer purchaser shall have the right to transfer this warranty coverage within thirty (30) days after sale of his residence by submitting a warranty form showing the new home owner and a $50 warranty transfer fee.
Limitation on Coverage
This limited warranty does not apply to, and Solutia shall not be liable for any payment reimbursements due to losses resulting from the following:
- due to Acts of God; or,
- caused by alterations made to the window and/or door system made with KeepSafe laminated glass after completion of installation, including but not limited to structural changes to the home, application of paint, application of caustic cleaning solutions, coatings or other modifications; or,
- caused by settling of the foundation of the home or buckling or cracking of the wall in which the window and/or door made with KeepSafe laminated glass is installed; or,
- caused by retrofitting of non-KeepSafe materials in a window and/or door frame that originally held KeepSafe laminated glass (a KeepSafe laminated glass window and/or door as originally purchased); or,
- failure to follow window and/or door manufacturer installation instructions; or
- if the window and/or door system made with KeepSafe laminated glass is installed in a sloped position.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN UNLESS A SHORTER PERIOD IS PERMITTED BY LAW. SOLUTIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE BUILDING, ITS CONTENTS OR ITS OCCUPANTS, HOWEVER ARISING. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINS ALL OF THE PROVISIONS OF YOUR REMEDIES. SOLUTIA'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PROVISIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHETHER ANY CLAIM AGAINST IT IS BASED UPON STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY, IF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER THEORY OR CAUSE OF ACTION.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Modifications of this Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty may not be changed or modified.
P. O. Box 66760
St. Louis, MO 63166-6760
575 Maryville Centre Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63141